For 2.2: Moving Rescan Collection back? (was: Re: Post-2.2: Moving Rescan Collection back)

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Sep 25 02:09:16 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 3:45 AM, Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org> wrote:
> Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>> Ian Monroe wrote:
>>> Well we got that nasty bug where some tables get wrecked by the edit
>>> track dialog.
>>
>> Yeah, it's on my sorta-todo for 2.3. It's going to require a lot of
>> changes in SqlMeta and the SqlRegistry so I'm not looking forward to it.
>> And I don't believe it's the only bug left in the SQL collection...
>>
>> But the point is -- they shouldn't need it, but they very frequently
>> do...so making it superhard to find isn't really a good idea.
>
> Given these points --
>
> does it make sense to move it back now, albeit not with changed strings?
>
> That way it's easy for users to find in the 2.2 release. Otherwise it
> could go into 2.2.1 (assuming).

I would rather not bring it back, especially not in this menu. It was
a constant source of confusion and it was definitely a usability
issue.

Putting it there just because of bugs in the program smells like a
workaround... or in other words, a hack. We did this a lot in Amarok
1, and the tangled UI in some parts was the result.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer