Aqualung music player

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Tue Sep 22 13:51:50 CEST 2009

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> Mark Kretschmann wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Magnus Bergmark
>> <magnus.bergmark at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> May I ask why this was brought to our attention? Is it just for fun, or is
>>> there some hidden meaning I cannot detect here? :-)
>>> And yeah, the interface is a horrible nightmare.
>> It's useful to keep an eye on the competition. Oh and a good belly
>> laugh is also worth something, isn't it :)
>
> The person I found this from -- and I can't for the life of me remember
> it now, it was some comment on the web -- was talking about how they
> used to use Amarok but have moved on to Aqualung and how it's freaking
> awesome.

FWIW, here's the eix output of the package...note the USE flags:

* media-sound/aqualung
     Available versions:  ~0.9_beta10-r2 {alsa cdda cddb debug ffmpeg
flac ifp jack ladspa lame libsamplerate lua modplug mp3 musepack oss
podcast sndfile speex systray vorbis wavpack}
     Homepage:            http://aqualung.factorial.hu/
designed for gapless playback

I guess if you're a gapless junkie, or are into applying sound effects,
this will do it -- support for jack and ladspa. Also apparently supports
some amount of lua scripting, so it might have a decent number of plugins.

I would guess it's more foobar2000 territory than anything else.

--Jeff