QtMultimedia

Enrico Ros eros.kde at email.it
Sun Sep 6 20:58:36 CEST 2009

On Saturday 05 September 2009 00:15:48 you wrote:
> Heya folks :)
>
> I was asked to get feedback for a what-of situation from the Amarok team.
> Imagine Phonon doesn't exist. What would we need from QtMultimedia?
> Amarok has a playlist, this new API has one too; are they compatible?
> Such stuff.
>
> Brainstorming please!

In addition to a perfect-gapless-playing everywhere, it should support:

 * crossfading (or multiple tracks playing with adjustable fade-in/fade-out
per-track)

 * visualization: 1. export samples of the rendered audio (the waveform), 2.
the relative FFT samples per-period, 3. maybe a qpainter-based default
renderer

 * for network-streaming: support reading input data (waveform or encoded)
from QIODevices like QBuffer (in phonon this is  not available for all
platforms)

 * and once again: reliability: all supported features must work on 99%
systems out there

Enrico

 Sponsor:
 VOGLIA DI VACANZE ?
* I Costahotels  sono gli alberghi specializzati in tour enogastronomici nell'entroterra Romagnolo. Rimini, Riccione, Misano.
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=9513&d=6-9