QtMultimedia

Artur Szymiec artur.szymiec at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 21:58:49 CEST 2009

Dnia 2009-09-05, sob o godzinie 00:15 +0200, Lydia Pintscher pisze:

> Heya folks :)
>
> I was asked to get feedback for a what-of situation from the Amarok team.
> Imagine Phonon doesn't exist. What would we need from QtMultimedia?
> Amarok has a playlist, this new API has one too; are they compatible?
> Such stuff.
>
> Brainstorming please!
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

- It should also have a mechanism to easy plug custom designed post
process effects.
  The purpose for it is that I doubt that all back ends will have a
required 1:1 functionality - what is now phonon case.
  so it will be nice to have a possibility to write own post process
plug-in that can be integrated easy with QtMultimedia
  and will work on all supported platforms independent from back end
used on user system - ex. equalizer effect.
- It will also be nice that the audio/video buffer data format available
for user plugin can be chosen from some standard formats (ex int16,
float, double etc.)
- If the engine itself can change  later the format to required audio
out format (ex data processed internally in float then rendered by
engine to 16 bits) that
   would be great.
- Sample rate conversion will be a nice feature

Kind regards

Artur

Omnes Vulnerant Postuma Necat ...
Registered User No 397465
GNU/Linux Linux 2.6.28-12-generic x86_64
(K)/(U)buntu 9.04