About Amarok's interface design (follow up)

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Sat Oct 17 20:50:54 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com>wrote:

> I don't know how I feel about the artsy theme that mark just linked
> (reminds me of a crappy imitation of WMP), but I am adamantly against
> the white. Look at this screenshot where the playlist isn't full:
>
> http://users.electrostorm.net/~krf/files/image/amarok-defaultbackground1.png
>
> Also notice the conspicuously empty bottom half in the last.fm service
> tree. Also notice the awful transition from the grey QGroupBox to the
> white treeview.
>
> It makes me feel like I have Kate open or something and should start
> typing in it.

I agree.

I think we should work to change it from the flat grey we had before. I
think we all have different axes to grind. I'm just pretty sure the plain
white is in the direction of more blandness rather than less. I think mark's
screenshot is a little....over the top. But I confess that i'm no designer,
so I don't know what the best thing to do right now is. I think we should
solicit some ideas from people who  have more experience in graphic design
:)

leo