About Amarok's interface design (follow up)

Kevin Funk krf at gmx.de
Sat Oct 17 20:56:57 CEST 2009

> I don't know how I feel about the artsy theme that mark just linked
> (reminds me of a crappy imitation of WMP), but I am adamantly against
> the white. Look at this screenshot where the playlist isn't full:
> http://users.electrostorm.net/~krf/files/image/amarok-defaultbackground1.pn
I have to admit that with plenty of space (ie with wide screens) it looks
somehow weird. I don't think it looks bad in that particular screenshot above.

> Also notice the conspicuously empty bottom half in the last.fm service
> tree. Also notice the awful transition from the grey QGroupBox to the
> white treeview.
The bottom is "empty" with grey background aswell, it's just a matter of view.
Maybe the alternating row colors and the horizontal spacers are a problem,
though.
Also loads of other apps have _exactly_ that treeview.

> It makes me feel like I have Kate open or something and should start
> typing in it.
Non-sense.

--
Kevin Funk