Two small requests for Gitorious

Gitorious Support support at gitorious.org
Fri Nov 20 10:02:06 CET 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> first of all, Gitorious is lovely, we Amarok developers are very happy
> with it so far. However, I have two small requests that could improve
> our experience even more:

Thanks!

> 1)
> The colors you use for highlighting lines, for example in diffs, are
> very hard to tell apart for color blind people. Please note that there
> are many forms of color blindness, ranging from very mild (my case) to
> 100%. Considering that about 10% of men are affected by a form of
> color blindness, it could help a lot if you could e.g. increase
> saturation of these colors.
>
> Also, adding "+" and "-" symbols for added/removed lines could be helpful here

Good point. Adding the symbols will probably help the most for people,
regardless of level of colour blindness.

> 2)
> When we get a Merge Request, we do get a mail from Gitorious. However,
> for subsequent comments on these requests, no mails are sent out. This
> would be great to have as an option.

We're currently on the first steps of reworking the notifications, to
start with it'll be an option who gets the notification (so not every
committer automatically will receive the emails). After that I'll be
looking at how to watch/track things, such as new comments on
merge-requests.

> Thanks for considering this,
> Mark.

Cheers,