New interface for Random/repeat playback modes

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 21:18:44 CET 2009

I have just pushed my first draft of a new interface for selecting
random _or_ repeat playback modes.

The main issue with the old way of doing things was that even though
the interface allowed you to select both a repeat and a random mode at
once, only one TrackNavigator is ever active at once time internally,
leading to users getting confused as either repeat overrules random or
vice versa and the user expects some kind of mix.

What might be slightly controversial about this commit is that it adds
another icon to the playlist toolbar. On the plus side, it only adds
one and not two. I personally think that these random/repeat actions
are more important in the toolbar than some of the other actions
already there (I hardly ever use undo/redo or "show playing track")
for instance, but I think the toolbar is getting too crowded, so we
need to have another round of the toolbar cleanup discussion

Also, the icons are horribly inconsistent, and we need a new set for
all these actions I think.

That aside, please let me know what you think. :-)

- Nikolaj