[Amarok] Try to fix layout resizing logic once more.

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Wed Nov 11 11:06:30 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:37, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> Release managing is not easy, I don't want to say that. However, I
> myself have done it quite successfully for most of the 1.x series. I
> know the pitfalls, I have screwed up some things, but I have also done
> a lot if things right.

Ok to name a few things that I actually did:
- trying to keep all developers happy/involved in decisions and I
think I succeed most of the time
- made packagers happy who were previously pissed at us
- made translators happy who were previously pissed at us _big_ time
- have and communicate release plans to stick to
- put an awful lot of time into this

I am not perfect just as everybody else on this list. But I _am_ tired
of getting told I am doing a bad job because I am not a programmer.
Just for the record: I am a programmer. I might not be as good as the
rest here but I do write code that actually does advanced stuff. I
also did actually attend a few lessons on how to manage software
projects. Probably more than quite a few people here.

So if anyone feels like proposing a new release manager that is
actually willing to do the job please do. I don't feel like wasting a
lot of my time for nothing.

Cheers
Lydia

--