[Amarok] Try to fix layout resizing logic once more.

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Nov 11 10:37:58 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, dear release manager, please don't ignore what core developers
>> say. They happen to have some deep insight into the state of the code
>> base. Or else we might just need a new release manager. It's not
>> exactly rocket science.
>
> Maybe its not rocket science but it sure as hell is a lot of tedious
> work that some people seem to severely undervalue. Sometimes I am
> amazed that Lydia has stuck around with all the crap that you throw at
> her. As for getting anew release manager, I don't think anyone in the
> team could do a better job than what Lydia is consistently doing and a
> few who would get a definite vote of no confidence for this position
> from me.

Release managing is not easy, I don't want to say that. However, I
myself have done it quite successfully for most of the 1.x series. I
know the pitfalls, I have screwed up some things, but I have also done
a lot if things right.

I'm all for keeping Lydia at this position (if she wants to do it),
but only if she does it a bit more carefully.  As for "throwing crap
at her", I think I'm being honest, which I prefer to sweetly telling
lies into people's faces. I don't mean to insult her. If you read that
into my words, you did not read correctly.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer