Improving Amarok Current Track Applet look

Magnus Bergmark magnus.bergmark at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 14:07:27 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Dan Meltzer
<parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com>wrote:

> The other issue with putting these words on the right is that for
> really long track/artist names these words might not be shown...

Wouldn't that always be a problem with any track name? If a track is long
enough to hide the "On" text, it would be too long to be displayed in full
length when an additional five characters are added to it anyway.

Personally, I believe that there needs to be a way to see the entire text
even if it is too long - with or without the "on". Scrolling, font scaling,
scroll bars, whatever. Removing "On" just "postpones" this and does not fix
it - it merely hides it and makes the "critical length" around five
characters longer.

--
Magnus Bergmark - magnus DOT bergmark AT gmail DOT com
GPG/PGP: 0x7BE84794DB6AA648