Opening external browsers

Sven Krohlas sven at asbest-online.de
Mon Mar 9 02:00:22 CET 2009

Heya,

at CeBIT we realized that opening a link in the Wikipedia applet
doesn't work on Windows. So I had a look at the code.

The attached patch changes the code for opening external browsers
a lot. Currently we have Amarok::invokeBrowser() and, tbh, I didn't
get why we need that at all. I changed the only user of it (the
Wikipedia applet) to QDesktopServices::openUrl().

This should work cross platform, removes a lot of code and saves
us an option from the settings.

As I'm not sure that I simply might have missed something: here
it is for discussion. :)
--
Darkerradio Free Music Charts:
http://www.darkerradio.com/news/free-music-charts-februar-2009/