The Amarok Bailout Bill

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 15:26:59 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Dan Meltzer
<parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Only if we put the nag screen on linux as well.  The goal is to
> provide the same experience on all platforms.
[citation-needed]

> Mac/Windows shouldn't
> be shafted just because they are used to being shafted.

I don't consider a little popup that says "hey we could use your
support" that the user will see probably see 3 times a year to be a
"shafting".

> Especially
> when none of the developers use windows (Or should we give Saroengels
> a share of the money from the nag for making it possible at all?) And
> only a few use macs.

Relevance?

Linux is a very different situation and it essentially already
provides its own revenue stream, in terms of corporate support to the
KDE e.V. that let us do things such as aKademy.

Ian