Organize files dialog: Dangerous, it *really* kills your kittens!

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Mon Jun 22 02:29:20 CEST 2009

Hi Alejandro,

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 01:02, Alejandro Wainzinger
<aikawarazuni at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Ian Monroe<ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Myriam
> > Schweingruber<schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch> wrote:
>
> As I understood it, CollectionLocation will check if the Collection is
> writable before allowing copy, move to, or remove from a collection.
> That said, if it is writable I don't see why it's too dangerous to
> appear.  I surely don't mind and actually like having tracks deleted
> from iPod if I'm just moving them to my laptop.

It's not about the media devices only, that user lost about 250 Gb of data
on his hard disk...

So, unless there is a method to secure the "Organize files" dialog to
prevent accidental data loss, this really has to be removed.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org