a git repo to poke at

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 15:52:16 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Soren Harward<stharward at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/8/09, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
>> Thiago has run a trial conversion of Amarok to git. I uploaded it to
>> http://amarok.be/amarok.git
>>
>> (the original location at git://labs.trolltech.com/amarok seems faster though)
>>
>> Seems like everything is there to me. Thiago made it clear that it
>> should be looked at closely.
>
> For those of us that have been using git-svn for a while now and have
> development branches that aren't part of the official SVN, what is
> your reccommendation for using this system?  Should we attempt to
> graft our branches into this repo,

Well not into *this* repo of course: we're still using SVN, this is
just a test repo.

> or should we wait until there's an
> official be-all, end-all Amarok git repo?

You could ask #git or something. If I was in the situation I would
just turn the branch into a patch and not try to graft or whatever,
that sounds really hard.

My hope is that we can time the switch to be shortly after Nikolaj
merges his stuff.

Ian