Summary of KDE 4.2 Release Party in Zurich

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Fri Jan 30 11:04:31 CET 2009

On 30 Jan 2009, at 02:36, Gregory Meyer wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org
> > wrote:
>
> * Further on we went to a dinner with Aaron Seigo, Alexandra Leisse
> from Nokia, the president of the FSFE, and others. We did have food
> and good conversations about social and technical issues surrounding
> KDE, Amarok, and Free Software in general. I'm asking the treasurer of
> Amarok for reimbursement of the costs of this dinner, as I consider it
> a business dinner and important for the project (this cost is
> moderate).
>
> I personally have no philosophical problem with stuff like this, it
> is a big part of creating goodwill and cooperation, as well as
> cultivate relationships that will prove handy for technical
> matters.   But here's where I always have some trouble, and not
> specifically with Mark.  As custodian of funds, I don't think I
> should necessarily approve any disbursements.  Only carry them out
> based on someone else's approval.  This is just good business
> practice and it isn't about not trusting anyone in particular, and
> as I said I think this is legitimate for reimbursement.

I understand the difficultly. This is the reason that Casey and I
would like to ask for some reimbursement for Camp KDE, but are waiting
for the board to be created before asking. We do not wish to put you
again into a position of deciding who gets the money. As it is a
matter of a week and a half or so until the board is complete, I don't
see the big problem (for me) in waiting.

So, if you prefer, this could be dealt with by the to-be-created board
in 10 or so days.

leo

---
Leo Franchi				(650) 704 3680