Endorsement

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Wed Jan 28 03:42:24 CET 2009

This email feels mildly insulting, to me at least, and I would imagine
several others.

You round off your ringing endorsement of Seb and Ian, talking about
their loyalty to the project, by stating that you are "pretty sure"
that a few others, including myself, would be good candidates as well.

Mark, why are you not fully sure? The board's job is to make financial
decisions for the benefit of the project. Is there something inherent
to this job that you think may just be above the reach of the rest of
us to grasp?

I am not trying to make a big deal out of this, but this is not the
first time that statements of yours (usually on IRC) have made me feel
on the wrong end of some stick, such as "loyalty" or "dedication" or
"vision". I don't feel that I lack any of the three, nor have you
talked to me about these concerns. So when making dubious public
statements like those below, I can't help but wonder WTF.

Your endorsement of Ian and Seb are not a surprise; it is well known
that they are your preferences for just about anything. So I'm not
looking for the same. I would just either like you to explain your
concerns to me, or stop making such underhanded statements.

If you want to chalk it up to the "perceived lack of social finesse"
you are working on, I will be happy to let the subject drop (but then
please work on not making such statements :-) ).

--Jeff