my git branches: acoustic fingerprinting and playlist generator

Soren Harward stharward at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 15:59:29 CET 2009

On Thursday 15 January 2009 22:42:30 Ian Monroe wrote:
> Do you have your git repo published somewhere so we could do a little
> pre-commit code reviewing?

The code has been changed very little from the patch that I sent out a couple
of weeks ago.  The acoustic fingerprinting stuff is a little invasive, but the
playlist generator is almost completely independent from the rest of the
existing code.

> Does GTACFeat mean Amarok directly depends on gstreamer?

Not exactly.  The acoustic similarity functions of GTACFeat don't depend on
GStreamer, so the library itself can be built without it.  But the audio has
to be decoded to calculate the fingerprint, and that requires GStreamer, at
least as of right now.  I would have liked to have used Phonon, but when I was
writing GTACFeat over the summer, Phonon's raw data output just wasn't up to
the task.  And the AudioDataOutput sink is still in the Experimental namespace,
which doesn't seem very encouraging.

--
Soren Harward
stharward at gmail.com