GitHub

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Jan 7 09:41:53 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Dan Meltzer
<parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
> The downside to any of these options is that we still need to merge
> back to svn at some point.  As many know, this usually ends up being
> more work than it's worth.  Until kde supports git officially svn is
> going to be the point of contact for new contributters and should
> remain so to prevent a duplication of accounts and a horrid mess when
> it comes to translations.

But that is also one problem with the current solution (Jeff's server):

It's kinda a private thing and not transparent to interested users. It
doesn't invite people to follow our development, or maybe even to
contribute. So it's not very FOSS style.

Plus, the instructions for participating seemed pretty complicated to
me (so far I shied away from it, for that reason and others).

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer