Last.fm Tagging UI Issues

Casey Link unnamedrambler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 20:47:37 CET 2009

> Shouldn't we just implement 1.4-style labels and just push (and
> possibily retrieve) the labels/tags from last.fm when that plugin is
> enabled?

Wouldn't this put last.fm code in a place it doesn't belong? The whole
point of services is they are completely hot-pluggable.. can you edit
that dialog from the last.fm service?

> The notion of being able to tag artists, albums and tracks all
> seperately is going to be confusing to have a UI for. It makes a lot
> of sense to have this feature, but I wish we could simplify somehow.

Adding an CM action "Tag Artist" if it's an artist.. "Tag Album" if
it's an album.. and so on..makes it very un-confusing. Hum, maybe some
radiobuttons/a combobox in the edit details tag tab to toggle between
tagging the three meta types?

Casey