Organize Collection yet again

Magnus Bergmark magnus.bergmark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:19:36 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Dan Meltzer
<parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com>wrote:

> You see, theres two ways to deal with this.
>
> The first is to scream and whine and bitch repetitively about obscure
> issues and problems without providing details on them.
>
> The second is to fix it.
>
> Every report I've seen lately on the ocd having issues was either
> people using an old version (which sounds likely in this email) that
> doesn't have the fixes Max committed, or was so short on details that
> it was impossible to fix anything.  Can we please try and fix bugs
> isntead of bitching about them not being hidden from now on?
>
> Thank you.

Yeah, sorry about that. We're both using the one that is present in the
Kubuntu repository, and I wasn't aware that it was removed at all. That's
one of the reasons for my inquiry.

For the topic at hand, removing should only have to be a temporary solution.
I'd really like to have the capability there, but with more safety
precautions and checks. Maybe placing it outside of Amarok and having it as
a separate application could keep accidents away but still giving power
users the ability to organize files. I'm not sure about the quality of the
code, though. People keep calling it "mess" and if that is true, removing it
entirely first and start over with unit tests might be the best approach.

Cheers,
Magnus

--
Magnus Bergmark - magnus DOT bergmark AT gmail DOT com
GPG/PGP: 0x7BE84794DB6AA648