Organize Collection yet again

Dan Meltzer parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:09:34 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:02 AM, Myriam Schweingruber
<schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 14:38, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Magnus Bergmark
>> <magnus.bergmark at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I know this has been discussed before, but was a consensus ever reached?
>>
>> For this reason we had removed the feature for 2.2.1. It's still
>> reachable at some place (that I forgot about), but you can't access it
>> directly any more from the collection.
>
> The pop-up dropper still has it in the second level, we really should
> remove this ASAP. I hope I don't have to ask for that again 3 times ,
> that stuff is a PITA and still too easy to discover, just had a bug
> report recently from a 2.2.1 user who managed to find it and who lost
> all file extensions...
>
> It really should go, and then it needs a complete rewrite or we
> condemn it once and for all, that thing is a complete mess, really.
> The faster it disappears for good, the better *sigh*

You see, theres two ways to deal with this.

The first is to scream and whine and bitch repetitively about obscure
issues and problems without providing details on them.

The second is to fix it.

Every report I've seen lately on the ocd having issues was either
people using an old version (which sounds likely in this email) that
doesn't have the fixes Max committed, or was so short on details that
it was impossible to fix anything.  Can we please try and fix bugs
isntead of bitching about them not being hidden from now on?

Thank you.