Proposal: Author status for Teo Mrnjavac and Alejandro Wainzinger

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 09:34:38 CEST 2009

I propose that we add Teo and Alejandro to the list of Amarok authors.
Both have been with us for a while now and have completed 2 large
projects. I believe that both will be important members of the Amarok
team for a long time to come.

Also, it has been quite a long time since we added new authors.

Reasons for suggesting Teo:

- Did not get accepted to GSoC last year but still completeld his project.
- Initially the quality of code and community interaction was not
great, but this has improved immensely since.
- Helped me out by getting a major rewrite of the playlist layout
editor done in time for 2.1 when I did not have time.
- Has worked his butt of this GSoC to make the playlist in 2.2 the
coolest most configurable ever, and has cleaned up the structure of
the playlist code while doing so.
- Has already moves on to (and pretty much implemented) a project of
his own design that I think will prove very significant, namely
OpenDesktop integration in the "About" dialog. I think this is very
cool and find it very likely that other apps will start using this
code.
- Has attended Akademy in 2008 and helped me man the booth at
OpensouceDays in Copenhagen last year,

Reasons for suggesting Alejandro:

- Has been accepted for and has completed 2 important GSoC projects.
- Has stuck around and contributed code outside of GSoC.
- Has attended Akademy twice.
( obviously I have worked more closely with Teo, but I definitely
think Alejandro deserves author status as well)

- Nikolaj