MySQLe link issue

Soren Harward stharward at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 22:32:42 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 23 September 2008 16:22:05 Ian Monroe wrote:
> I disagree, I think tagging beta2 ASAP is the best way to get these
> problems resolved.

You're more optimistic than I am ;)  It's been my experience with Gentoo that
if you hand package maintainers a broken beta for a moderately-popular
program which requires any change in a stable widely-used program, then the
former is just going to get ignored.  If releasing A2-beta2 with the MySQLe
code will speed up the distro fixes, well, let's keep it in then.  In the
meantime, someone needs to put together some kind of patch so that those of
us who can't compile the SVN trunk can continue to work on other parts of the
code.  I'd do it myself, but tonight's my wife's birthday, so I probably
won't get around to it until tomorrow.

--
Soren Harward
stharward at gmail.com