MySQLe link issue

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 22:29:13 CEST 2008

> I disagree, I think tagging beta2 ASAP is the best way to get these
> problems resolved. The main reason I wanted to get MySQL into beta2
> was so that these compile-time issues would be resolved. Giving all
> the distros a tarball that they need to work on is the best way to do
> that.

I agree with Ian on this. If we roll back this change now, there is no
guarantee that the distros fix this any time soon. By having in in
Beta 2 we are making the issue much more visible. And the worst case
scenario of some distros not having Beta 2 packages, or only getting
them a few days/weeks late is still better than having this happen to
Amarok 2.0.0 final.

- Nikolaj