beta 2 status

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Fri Sep 5 23:01:05 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Heya everyone,
>
> so we still have quite a few bugs milestoned for beta 2:
> http://tinyurl.com/amarok-beta2
> Please everyone have a look at them. Who is working on what? Which
> need to get moved to beta 3?
> Keep in mind that some of them are _very_ visible to the user and
> should really be fixed in beta2.

As I talked about in IRC, I don't think we should generally have
anything blocking a /beta/ release. (Unless its a regression from a
previous beta: we can't have our betas getting worse!) Our beta
releases should mostly be time-releases.

I don't see anything thats has-to-be fixed in beta2. Lets not worry
about how things appear until -rc. The main point of the beta is to
get more feedback, and the longer people are using beta1 the less
useful their feedback is as trunk continue to diverges from them.

One possible exception is mysql-e. It would be nice to have all the
distributors creating packages for mysql-enabled Amarok 2 and to get
their input in general as soon as possible. Mysql-e is mostly a
building challenge.

Ian