beta 2 status

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Fri Sep 5 21:47:00 CEST 2008

Heya everyone,

so we still have quite a few bugs milestoned for beta 2:
http://tinyurl.com/amarok-beta2
Please everyone have a look at them. Who is working on what? Which
need to get moved to beta 3?
Keep in mind that some of them are _very_ visible to the user and
should really be fixed in beta2.
Last.fm can be left alone according to Leo until we have liblastfm from Max.

On top of that I have a few things I noted in the last days that
should be fixed as well if somehow possible:
have a look at http://www.lydiapintscher.de/tmp/cv.jpg
1. oversized cover image     This happens when I have 2 columns in my
CV and quit and restart Amarok.
2. black border around the cover image      The same happened in the
album applet though I am not sure if it is still a problem there.
3. size of CV and browsers does not get restored when quitting and
restarting Amarok    This is a problem if you have a big CV (see my
screenshot). On next start the CV is back to it's default size and
applets vanish until you resize it back.
4. in the last.fm events applet "upcoming events" should only be shown
if the user actually added any on last.fm. Otherwise that part of the
table is empty which is confusing (I thought it is a bug as I did not
know you can sign up for events at last.fm and then have them show up
there.) and it also is a waste of space.

The other thing is the database...
Are there any problems left with mysqle? Anything that keeps us from
using it so it gets testing?
The general consensus seems to be to get it in asap and before beta2.
Is that correct?
(If this is all null and void and we are going to stick with sqlite
for now Bart should think about migration for his last db changes wrt
podcasts.)

Is there anything that I missed?

Besides those issues I think we are doing great :)
/me starts work on release announcement

Cheers
Lydia

--