beta 2 status

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Fri Sep 5 23:07:22 CEST 2008

On Sep 5, 2008, at 4:01 PM, Ian Monroe wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
>> Heya everyone,
>>
>> so we still have quite a few bugs milestoned for beta 2:
>> http://tinyurl.com/amarok-beta2
>> Please everyone have a look at them. Who is working on what? Which
>> need to get moved to beta 3?
>> Keep in mind that some of them are _very_ visible to the user and
>> should really be fixed in beta2.
>
> As I talked about in IRC, I don't think we should generally have
> anything blocking a /beta/ release. (Unless its a regression from a
> previous beta: we can't have our betas getting worse!) Our beta
> releases should mostly be time-releases.
>
> I don't see anything thats has-to-be fixed in beta2. Lets not worry
> about how things appear until -rc. The main point of the beta is to
> get more feedback, and the longer people are using beta1 the less
> useful their feedback is as trunk continue to diverges from them.

By your own criteria last.fm would need some serious work---e.g. now
apparently it only plays one track from a stream then stops, etc. This
is most definitely a regression, and I think on the whole there have
been a bunch of issues with last.fm in the last few weeks. Now, since
we will be upgrading to a new version of the client and API, there is
no point in fixing the bugs until we have integrated libRadio and
libScrobble.

so i would say to considering hanging the -beta2 release on mysql-e
and last.fm

leo

---
Leo Franchi				(650) 704 3680