Release naming

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Fri Sep 5 20:07:26 CEST 2008

On Sep 5, 2008, at 12:59 PM, Lydia Pintscher wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 19:44, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
>> So i know we haven't had a formal vote on this, but it seems that the
>> 17-step plan based on "Let There Be Light"'s song titles was greeted
>> very enthusiastically. I particularly like that we already have a
>> bunch of release names, and get ask artists to design splashcreens
>> *early*.
>>
>> Can we say that we have a consensus? Or do some people still disagree
>> strongly?
>
> No strong objection from me as long as we don't use Supernova for 2.0
> for reason already mentioned.

I agree, I don't think Supernova is a good name for 2.0. That said, In
The Beginning isn't too bad ;)
We will also have a space theme going here, which makes it easier to
a) get people to make us splashscreens and b) find release images.

> Also how do you want to go on with this scheme?
> I assume we want to stay with 2.x for quite some time so 17 will not
> be enough.
> What are we going to name 2.0.1? (if we are going to have it and not
> go straight to 2.1)
> Do we just use that album until it is finished and then move on to
> the next one?
> What about alpha and beta releases? Stick with Inuit folklore for
> them?

I think we should stick with the inuit folklore for all pre-2.0
released, then release with a new splashcreen and new release naming
scheme all at once (i am talking to someone on #oxygen about getting a
splashscreen right now).

And 17 should at *least* be enough to get us to 2.1 or 2.2, or until
we have figured out something better i think, no?

leo

---
Leo Franchi				(650) 704 3680
Tufts University 2010