Release naming

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Fri Sep 5 19:59:41 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 19:44, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
> So i know we haven't had a formal vote on this, but it seems that the
> 17-step plan based on "Let There Be Light"'s song titles was greeted
> very enthusiastically. I particularly like that we already have a
> bunch of release names, and get ask artists to design splashcreens
> *early*.
>
> Can we say that we have a consensus? Or do some people still disagree
> strongly?

No strong objection from me as long as we don't use Supernova for 2.0
for reason already mentioned.

Also how do you want to go on with this scheme?
I assume we want to stay with 2.x for quite some time so 17 will not be enough.
What are we going to name 2.0.1? (if we are going to have it and not
go straight to 2.1)
Do we just use that album until it is finished and then move on to the next one?
What about alpha and beta releases? Stick with Inuit folklore for them?

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher