strange collection(scanner) behaviour

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Fri Oct 24 11:23:32 CEST 2008

Hi Max,

as I wrote a few days ago to the list my collection contains a lot of
files that it should not contain like system notification sounds and
stuff. Mark helped trace it down to GetDirsToScan() that contains all
directories on my system. This also slows down startup significantly.
My whole collection is on an external disk. I have a symlink from my
home directory to a directory on that external disk. It happens if I
set my collection to the folder in my home dir and also if I set it
directly to the folder on the external disk. My amarokrc currently
contains  -1=./media/My Book/Musik. I deleted all mysqle files several
times already so it is nothing that is left over from before.
I just checked if it also happens in beta 2. It does. I did not notice
this before so it might either be a regression or I just didn't notice
it before though I doubt that as it is really annoying to have system
notifications in dynamic mode ;-)

Do you have any idea what could be wrong here? Anything I can check to
help you find the problem?

Cheers
Lydia

--