string freeze

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Fri Oct 24 11:03:38 CEST 2008

Heya everyone,

Since obviously my talking so far didn't help and several people broke
the string freeze without coordinating properly with me or the
translators before committing here it is again:
1) We are in string freeze. This means no new user visible strings or
changes to existing ones.
2) Breaking of the string freeze needs to be cleared by the
translators before doing so and should only happen in case it is
absolutely needed.
3) Committing and then asking is not the way to go. Ask/explain and then commit.
4) Scripty picks up new translations every 24 hours or so, not just
every time we release. So don't commit thinking we have all the time
in the world to revert. We don't.
5) String freeze ends with the release of 2.0 final.

I hope this helps with some of the confusion that some of you had.
Everyone who breaks string freeze from now on without consulting and
listening to me first will get hit on the head lessons by some tall,
hairy and smelly guy.

Sorry I have to be so harsh here but obviously I didn't get heard
before. I am really trying to improve our relationship with the
translators. And asking them and explaining why we have to add new
strings or change existing ones is the least we have to do. Their work
is important and they are as passionate about the work they do as we
are about ours.

Amarok 2.0 is going to rock! And a translation that is as complete as
possible is part of that.

*hug*
Lydia ;-)

--