No subject

Sat Nov 1 02:55:37 CET 2008

at least 2 are already on 4.2. Seems like the update is easy enough
for the skill level we need from our contributors. So it seems this is
a non-issue. I think we will have enough testers using project neon
builds or kubuntu-experimental packages for 4.2. Can't speak for the
other distro's, but I assume there are 4.2 packages for all the
popular ones.

> Again, I'd like to explain (maybe I didn't word it very well), that we
> have the option of importing LibPlasma into Amarok (not much work),
> and then we could _still_ decide if we want to keep it that way before
> the actual 2.1 release. So you'd get the best of both worlds, IMHO.

I say keep using libplasma from kdelibs, because it is the future.
Somewhere in our roadmap is putting plasmoids from amarok on
plasma-desktop (and plasma-screensaver, plasma-dashboard,...). If we
don't use the same libplasma version who is to say that will work?

Bart