extragear/multimedia/amarok/src

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Tue Oct 2 19:48:03 CEST 2007

On 10/2/07, Tobias G. Pfeiffer <tgpfeiffer at web.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Tuesday 02 October 2007, 10:53, Maximilian Kossick wrote:
> > Isn't the current playlist supposed to be stored in the db anyway?
>
> Would that mean that multiple clients sharing the same database (e.g. via
> MySQL) always had the same playlist? Is that intended?
>
> Bye
> Tobias

People talk about multiple clients as if it works, with dynamic
collections I really doubt anyone actually does this since it'd be
near impossible to get right (it was always a hack). And as Max points
out, we might not even support remote collections.

Max:
By saving to XSPF by default, Hydrogen just means that (using Amarok
1.4 terms) when someone saves their playlist into the Playlist Browser
currently this saves a .m3u file on the disk. By default we're going
to start saving .xspf's. This isn't related to the 'current.xml'
replacement really.

Amarok 2 is now saving the current playlist as a m3u file, but thats
just a stop-gap until the database schema is figured out. The current
playlist should live in the database.