About Google Summer of Code Project

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 08:53:32 CET 2007

Boxson.net seems willing to beta test Nikolaj's music store abstraction
layer :) .

However, I think a general Store-side API will either be limiting or
unpopular with many stores. The reason for this is that they might already
have a web-API in place that integrates perfectly with their own system.
Converting that could be a lot more effort then writing a Amarok script or
plugin.
Besides, with SOAP and XML, at least access to and the data itself is
standardised.