About Google Summer of Code Project

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 08:42:36 CET 2007

> Sounds good, but we must be weary of allowing people with special
> business oriented agendas to steer the development. Also, french sites
> are pretty, well "france-ish", and wouldn't be of much interest to
> people outside of france (i think, anyway).

I completely agree on both  points! :-)  As I understand however, what he is
proposing is a completely neutral API available for any online service to
implement. Think Magnatune, archive.org and obscure French sites all
implementing a common interface to their content, making it very easy to add
the content of OUR choice to  Amarok

- Nikolaj