Styling ContextView boxes

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 22:55:14 CEST 2007

hey all,
    In the transition ContextBrowser -> ContextView we have left behind
(thankfully) KHTML. That also of course means that we leave behind easy
styling via CSS. In any case, it seems advisable to leave the custom CSS
behind as it would be a mess to implement in the CV (and speed is a major
win that the QGV has over the old KHTML engine). So the question remains:
what/how do we want to allow customization of text inside items in the
contextview?

obviously people like to have customized applications---that is made evident
by the wealth of themes available on kde-look.org
. it would be greatly beneficial IMHO to find a balance between
speed/code cleanliness while letting the user have some control over
the general look of Amarok. after all, the CV will be front and center
in Amarok
2.0.

leo
Leo Franchi                    angel666 at myrealbox.com
665 Channing Ave         lfranchi at gmail.com
Palo Alto                        cell: (650) 704 3680
CA, USA                        home: (650) 329 0125
Junior,
Palo Alto High School,   http://euthydemus.homelinux.net
65 Embarcadero Road,
Palo Alto,
CA, USA

GPG Key Fingerprint: 713F 1C92 11E3 4696 D067  B681 72D5 EAF0 1499 8B03
Key ID: 14998B03
Public key: http://euthydemus.homelinux.net/pub_key.txt