Fwd: [Amarok-devel] kross? Re: Plugins...

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Mon Feb 19 10:06:33 CET 2007

On Monday 19 February 2007 09:47, Shashwath T.R. wrote:
> Of course, we can't stop people from writing dbus scripts using bash or
> lisp or
> scheme or whatever, but in principle, I agree. All the plugins we write,
> support or
> bundle into Amarok will be from these languages.

Actually I meant limiting the languages for 3rd party scripts too. Internally
we shouldn't use more than C++ and Ruby anyway.

I'm not sure if we can technically enforce the language limit (I guess we
could simply check the file extension), but I think it would be good. Right
now there are a number of Bash scripts on kde-apps.org. Having Windows users
download those won't do much good :)

--
Mark