ownCloud in PA4

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Sep 4 22:01:34 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 04 September 2013 17:17:53 Bogdan Cristea wrote:

> I have installed all owncloud stuff and the client is available only as
> KDE settings module. Should this module be displayed on Apps section ?
> It is visible only when searching for it. Here is a screenshot when I
> start owncloud module.

It makes sense that it is a Settings module: You configure the ownCloud
synchronization and from then on, everything happens automagically, nothing
more to do. A settings module is a perfect place for that.
It's unfortunate that it shows up when you search in the Launcher and then
breaks if you start it that way, but this is not how users are supposed to
start it anyway, so it's not that much of a problem.

We have to tell users how to install it and where they can find the
configuration GUI, though, so thank you Carl for putting it into the Wiki and
announcement.