ownCloud in PA4

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Sep 6 12:19:54 UTC 2013

Hey,

On Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:10:56 Bogdan Cristea wrote:
> I was able to run ownclound synchronization interface from Settings
> applications and use for connecting to my local owncloud server. Folder
> synchronization works, so overall this module is usable.
>
> I have found the following issues:
> - owncloud module is accessible as stand alone application, but it does
> not work. Not sure how the owncloud module is implemented, but maybe it
> could be possible to disallow running this module as stand alone
> application.

With "owncloud module" you're referring to the KControl module (which also
gets embedded into Systemsettings (if that's installed)?

I agree that the mirall binary (the "Desktop Qt" owncloud client) should
probably not be installed in Active, or maybe just Hidden=true'ed in the
package. Possibly separately packaged...

That said, I don't have much time for this feature right now, so I can only
dream of all these things fixed (and maybe lend a helping hand to someone
who's interested in fixing it).

> - when filling the login in form and pressing sign in button nothing
> happens. After trying to synchronize some folder the login credentials
> are asked again and finally I am connected and able to select folders
> from my owncloud server

I've seen this, too. I don't know why exactly that happens, I think it's a
state screwup in the toplevel QML file, but haven't found the exact reason. :/

> - the folder/file list is not correctly sorted as uppercase names appear
> first, then lower case names. It is not the way the user expects the
> folder/file list to appear

Fair enough :)
--
sebas