ownCloud in PA4

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 16:21:04 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, September 04, 2013 16:43 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 03, 2013 18:42:02 Bogdan Cristea wrote:
> > Thank you for this tip. It seems to me that owncloud is not yet
> > functional. First, the client icon should be shown on the main task
> > bar. Searching for an application also has some issues with the on
> > screen keyboard, but it seems to work.
>
> It's not a traditional application, more like a system service. The synching
> is done by a daemon in the background. This daemon can be controlled by an
> Active settings module, or a Plasmoid. Use those.
>
> Using the "mirall" owncloud client will cause havoc, so choose either one.
>
> > I am able to type my owncloud parameters, but after sign in, there is a
> > dark frame that hides the graphical elements found on the owncloud GUI,
> > which makes owncloud client unusable at this current stage. This client
> > is the one shipped by owncloud ? Are the sources available ?
>
> Could you show a screenshot or a photo?

Thank you, sebas

Outstanding! Finally got it.

Okay this definitely needs to go into the announcement and the wiki...I'll do
it.

The problem I was having came from launching owncloud with the applications
pulldown. The resulting screen shown in Settings>Synchronization showed up as
a ghost against a black background.

The Settings routine works great. I like it better than the desktop version.

Nice work, sebas.

Carl