tagging behaves strange with books

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Nov 14 08:33:41 UTC 2013

On Monday, November 11, 2013 16:58:40 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> I tried to generate channels with books, but the tags I entered were allways
> removed or altered. So I never succeded in creating the channels i wanted.
> I wanted to rebuild the books channel in Vivaldi-1, but i did not work.

This is indeed where having the “channel templates” will be very helpful:
people (e.g. me) can create sets of channels that match specific sets of
content that are imported (e.g. gutenberg) and then people (e.g you) can
simply use that template.

Until then, the best way of going about it is to look at what tag appear on
the Books upload form and using those (e.g. the categories)

For gutenberg, there is one additional help: they are all tagged with a
project gutenberg tag. So they are both assetType:book as well as project
gutenberg :)

> Wth Wallpapers I did succeed.
>
> Until now, one has to guess, what tags to use. What happens, if I use the
> tag dark, are there all assets shown, which have these tag?

Yes; so generally what one does is combine the following tags into a channel:

* assetType
* descriptive (e.g. “Dark”)
* platform (if appropriate)