[Kde-pim] Kontact Touch Mail - Initial Mockup + Git Workflow

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Thu May 16 21:19:21 UTC 2013

On Thursday 16 May 2013 20:58:11 Michael Bohlender wrote:
> Let me present to you: Iteration number 2
> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2wLkUtvD4v_ejZKU1g2ckM3aEU&usp=shar
> ing&tid=0B2wLkUtvD4v_SjBnTWx5YklnRTQ

Good improvements overall!

> Based on your feedback I changed:
>
> # column background color
> # list position indicator

Nice, things look more clear now.

> # position of "new" and "important" to top

I assume there currently is no way to visually separate the two from the
others?

> # renamed "new" to "new / unread"

Is there a difference between new and unread?

> # new "add own folders..."

I'm not sure if this is the optimal wording, but that can still be optimized
later on.

> # new/important/delete button row replaced with drag&drop (not implemented)
> and/or a dialog that can be accessed by taping the mail-status icon
> bonus: the removal gives  a little more space for a second line of preview

> I did not want to let go of the quick tapping solution for the lionmail
> workflow. This is a solution without the visual clutter that should also
> work on smaller screens.

As long as a mail can be opened with single tap and as long as you can still
start dragging from the icon, I'm absolutely fine with this. It's a good
alternative for people who don't like drag & drop and/or have problems with
it.

> This will be the last mockup before GSoC. We need to agree on our usecases
> first before we continue. I will write down what I have in mind over the
> weekend so that we have a base for our discussion.

Yes, this has to be done very soon.