need help starting kde plasma-mobile

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed May 1 12:53:01 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, May 1, 2013 08:42:10 Paul S wrote:
>  Any ideas why I get this strange active on top of desktop startup or why I
> lose the menu bar and can't get it back due to the apps going full screen?

settings for Plasma Active are in the plasma-mobile-config repository. those files need to be put
in a directory that will be in $KDEDIRS when Active starts. that will ensure the window manager
behaves as expected, etc.

as for desktop startup .. did you remove the startkde line from your .xsession? it could also be
that it gets autostarted due to being in the autostart directory.

and yes, before you say the obvious things ;) .. Plasma Active requires a fair amount of system
configuration to get up and running. this is due to its focus on mobile devices (where this is
completely acceptable) and limitations in the current Plasma Workspaces (which we are working
to address in v2)