need help starting kde plasma-mobile

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Wed May 1 19:06:00 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> **
>
> On Wednesday, May 1, 2013 08:42:10 Paul S wrote:
>
> > Any ideas why I get this strange active on top of desktop startup or why
>
> > lose the menu bar and can't get it back due to the apps going full
> screen?
>

> settings for Plasma Active are in the plasma-mobile-config repository.
> those files need to be put in a directory that will be in $KDEDIRS when
> Active starts. that will ensure the window manager behaves as expected, etc.
>

> as for desktop startup .. did you remove the startkde line from your
> .xsession? it could also be that it gets autostarted due to being in the
> autostart directory.
>

> I installed plasma-mobile-config using kdesrc-build and had no errors.

I created a new user account to remove the doubt of any bad session files
or autostart items.

But, after booting into the new account, I still get a menu bar of kde
desktop on the bottom and it will not go away like it did beforee. Also,
the plasma-active menu  at the top will not pull dodwn with the app list,
and it still has 3 stop icons that do nothing.

Attached is the new users .xsession-errors  as sesserr.txt

Thanks for the help