What's happening in Devland?

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Mar 8 15:59:20 UTC 2013

On 08.03.2013 12:51, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday, March 7, 2013 20:33:04 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
>> I currently feel a bit in the dark about what is being worked on by the
>> development team.
>
> Sorry, that's on me.
>
> As Marco noted, we've taken a few weeks to work on libplasma2 and some todo's
> outside of PA for the upcoming tablet device. So we've been fairly quiet here.

I didn't mean to criticize your priorities, I'm sure that you know
what's best for Plasma/KDE/The World ;)
I (and maybe others as well) would just appreciate if in the future
someone could just drop a line "We'll be busy with other priorities for
the next few weeks, so be patient" to the list, so that others know
what's happening. Only for transparency's sake, that's all.

> The good news is that on the libplasma2 side, things are absolutely RARING
> ahead with a demo shell that is rapidly gaining the features we need for
> rebasing Plasma Active on top of (which would bring us to Qt5 and QtQuick2)

Sounds great! :)

> This shuffling of tasks has been motivated by some time windows that opened up
> to us. We will focus back on Plasma Active's code base directly soon, though
> :)

Maybe we should reflect on where we stand right now in relation to our
schedule for PA4 soon, and plan what we think still needs to be done
before release, so that we all get back on track and we all know what to
do until when (including testing).

Cheers,
Thomas