Testing PA4 on Gentoo Linux

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Mar 4 15:45:21 UTC 2013

On Monday, March 4, 2013 01:42:55 Matthias Heizmann wrote:
> Unfortunately, Plasma Active is not yet running properly. If I start "KDE
> Plasma Workspace" in KDM, then plasma-desktop is started. After starting

the plasma-device shell should be started, not plasma-desktop. in doing so,
you don't get any of the kwin settings required (as you noted with window
behaviour, for instance)

what you want is to start a session from the dm that kicks off startactive and
which has all the content form the plasma-mobile-config repository in a
directory that is at the end of the KDEDIRS chain for that session.