Testing PA4 on Gentoo Linux

Matthias Heizmann matthias at heizmann.name
Mon Mar 11 02:21:39 UTC 2013

On Monday, March 04, 2013 16:45:21 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> the plasma-device shell should be started, not plasma-desktop. in doing so,
> you don't get any of the kwin settings required (as you noted with window
> behaviour, for instance)
I found out that the start of plasma-desktop was invoked by
/usr/share/autostart/plasma-desktop.desktop

For further testing I just moved all files from /usr/share/autostart/, so now
this directory is empty.

> what you want is to start a session from the dm that kicks off startactive
Ok, I did.

> and which has all the content form the plasma-mobile-config repository in a
> directory that is at the end of the KDEDIRS chain for that session.
The *rc files of plasma-mobile-config are in /usr/share/config/. I guess that my
KDEDIRS is set to "/usr". However I was not able to check this because I still
have my problems:
- Windows do not appear in fullscreen, but in about 640xXXX in the upper right
corner of the screen.
- Windows never get the focus
- Windows are stay above main bar and the Application-Launcher
- dragging down the main bar (to see the Application-Launcher) does not always
work
The attached *.jpg shows a screenshot of these problems

I also attached a .xsession-errors file. It contains a lot of problems, however
I don't know which of them are serious.

Any ideas to solve my problem are welcome.

Cheers,
Matthias