Plasma Active Phone

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Mon Jun 24 21:58:33 UTC 2013

Hi

> With the Vivaldi tablet soon to be released, and Canonical working on it's
> own Ubuntu Touch Phone;  is there a team/company working on a Plasma Active
> mobile phone?
This is absolutely going to happen. Yes.
The only problem is getting mickey or another one of the FSO guys to write us
support for the broadband chip of the device.
But we will certainly tackle this task sooner or later.
Since the EOMA-68 (and later) fits more then easily into the modern smart phone
cases of common smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S2 it's one of the most
obvious applications of such a board.
But for now, my company is going to learn the EOMA to know a little better
with a tablet application.
If the prototypes don't smoke and burn, and we don't go broke while trying to
sell it on the market, feel free to come and ask again ;-)

> In the US, has System 76, Za Reason, or Think Penguin expressed interest in
> selling these LTE phones?
Yeah! People actually would buy it! Another reason to speed up drawing
schematics! :-)

-David