Plasma Active Phone

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 14:12:33 UTC 2013

Am 23.06.2013 21:34, schrieb Marc_Dunivan at oxy.com:
> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> With the Vivaldi tablet soon to be released, and Canonical working on it's own Ubuntu Touch Phone;  is there a team/company working on a Plasma Active mobile phone?
I dont know if there is a company working on that sort of thing but I
want to point you to a device that is technically able to run
PlasmaActive already. The GTA04[1] Phone (upgrade for openmoko) which is
trying to be completely open in regards to technical documentation and
software stack.
I have one of these and wanted to run PlasmaActive on it for quite a
while alredy.

Back in December I was trying to get it to work and reached a state
where PA would boot properly. The main obstacle was the old 2.6.32
kernel required for proper OpenGL support using DRI and X.org and it was
giving me weird unpredicatble crashes on startup. So I dropped the
effort since university was taking up my time.
Still, I am interested to make PlasmaActive work on this phone. If
anyone is interested further just contact me.
> Respectfully,
> Marc Dunivan
Regards
Josua Mayer